My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Crack Kills Volume 7...






Here’s a little story I got to tell about a crack epidemic that I know so well. Yesterday was just another day, or at least that's what I thought when I woke up. So I was at the flea market having a jolly old time as I always do when I spotted an orange box from at least 100 yards away (I have a crazy vintage spidey sense). I made a b-line for the table and as I got closer I saw what appeared to be a pair of OG Air Max Lights. I was now at a full sprint (like supermarket sweep, damn I miss that show) pushing people out of my way like rag dolls, hurdling little baby's like Bruce Jenner in his prime and I even pulled a Barry Sanders spin move around an Andre the Giant looking guy. The whole time I was thinking PLEASE be my size and have NO cracking......well unfortunately for me neither of those wishes came true!! I got to the table to find a DS pair of 89 Air Max Lights, in the WH/GRPH/AGN BL colorway and size US 8. I looked at the right shoe first which had no signs of cracking and I was pumped but when I went to grab the left shoe, there it was.........CRACK CRACK CRACK!!!! Its such a sad sight when you find a sick pair of deadstock vintage kicks and they are cracked, its like having trick candles on your birthday cake and never being able to blow them out. Anyways I got them for next to nothing and there still a cool pair of OG's and will make a good display for the store.....enjoy the pics!

No comments: