My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Grammy Recap...



I wasnt paying much attention to the Grammy's tonight but I did catch some of the action or lack there of. The best part of the show for me was Neil Diamond singing Sweet Caroline, it instantly reminded me that baseball season is right around the corner and I cant wait to go to some Red Sox games!!! For those that dont know during the eighth inning of every Red Sox game Sweet Caroline blasts through the speakers and everyone in the stadium sings along myself included!! The store goes a little something like this.......Amy Tobey began working for the Red Sox through her job at BCN Productions, a film and video communications company, having interned for the Boston Bruins. Her assignment was to decide what music would be played at the park from 1998 to 2004. She had noticed ''Sweet Caroline" was used at other sporting events, and she decided to send the sweetness over the Fenway speakers. The song was picked up by fans, and the more it caught on, the more superstitious Tobey became about playing it. Tobey would play the song somewhere between the seventh and ninth innings if the team was ahead, depending on whether she felt the team was going to win. She didn't go by any specific margin of runs, but rather who the opponent was, and her gut instincts. ''I actually considered it like a good luck charm," Tobey says. ''Even if they were just one run [ahead], I might still do it. It was just a feel." In 2002, when new management took over at the park, they requested that Tobey play the song during the eighth inning of every game.

No comments: