My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Oldschool Uniforms...



Above are some cool Celtics pics from the 1920's that I thought I would share. Now you might be asking yourself how is this possible the Boston Celtics didnt form until 1946??? Correct you are but before the Boston Celtics there were The Original Celtics (no relation to the Boston Celtics) who were an outstanding barnstorming professional basketball team in the 1920s. Formed as a local neighborhood team playing out of the Hudson Guild Settlement House in Hell's Kitchen prior to World War I and calling themselves the New York Celtics, the team would emerge from the war years as the Original Celtics. I really like picture above of Nat Holman, you can see the full uniform that they wore back in those days which included kneepads, high socks, short shorts and sneakers that look to be chuck taylors. I can only imagine how cool it would be to find one of these uniforms at a flea market or something!!!!

1 comment:

Frank said...

Hell yes! Dig the kneepads!