My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 19, 2010

On the Auction Block...


I was watching this banner on eBay this past week and I was hoping nobody saw it so I could get it for a steal, but no such luck! It sold the other day for $317.77 which seems like a lot but I think its worth it for such a great piece of sneaker history. It looks like it could be the first banner for the release of the Air Jordan I which would make it even cooler IMO. I love seeing these old store banners from the 80s it brings me back to the good ol days of the sneaker "game".

From the seller: Vintage early Air Jordan Activewear Banner with the basketball and wings logo and Nike swoosh. 18" high x 60" long. I understand that this logo was replaced around 1987, so presumably this banner / poster would predate that. Seems to be printed with a sort of paint, with the black printed over a red background on heavy paper. I got this from an employee of a sporting goods store back in the late 80s, I don't remember which store offhand. Banner is in generally good condition, it has a number of creases from being folded, has pinholes at the corners and on the edges, has some minor paint loss from scratches and creasing, some tape residue, a couple of small tears near the corners, and one metal grommet is missing at one corner.

No comments: