My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Junior, I am your Father....





Before Baby & Lil Wayne there was Ken Griffey Sr & Junior!! This vintage caricature tee is Griffeytastic (I think I just made that word up)!!! The shirt is called "All in the Family" and features Griffey Sr & Jr posted up in the oldschool Mariners outfits! The shirt is dated 1990 which was the year Griffey, Sr. signed with the Mariners after being released by the Cincinnati Reds and, in doing so, made history. His son, Ken Griffey Jr., had been promoted to the Mariners in 1989 after rising through the minor leagues. The Griffeys became the first father-and-son tandem to play on the same Major League Baseball team. They played their first game together against the Kansas City Royals on August 31. Griffey, Sr. also hit back-to-back home runs with his son on September 14, 1990. If you need this in your life hit me on my pager, I'll call you back from the pay phone and we'll talk biz!

No comments: