My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Thirsty Thursday...



Its that time of the week, time to try me a new brewskie!! Off to BevMo I went and after countless hours of looking at all the different brews I picked the Maui Brewing CoCoNut Porter. I love Mounds Candy bars and the thought of drinking a Porter similar in taste made my mouth water so it was an easy sell, not to mention the slogan on the can..........Like Hot Chicks on the Beach! Why cans you ask? I thought the same thing but then I read the can and learned a little something: Cans eliminate light damages & reduce the risk of oxidation, keeping the beer fresher than bottles. Also cans are lighter, chill quicker and can be enjoyed on the beaches because aluminum is the most recycled and eco-friendly material :-) So with all that being said I cracked open a CoCoNut Porter and the first sip was like a chocolaty waterfall with a misting of CoCoNut which was just the right balance IMO. When I think of Porter I usually think full bodied beer but this was actually a little lighter than expected which was nice. The beer is a little pricey at $10.99/4 pack but it was well worth it and I'm already thinking about having another one. Overall I really enjoyed this beer and give it a 4 out of 5 and would definitely buy it again!!!

No comments: