My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Inspired By...






Almost all clothing companies take inspiration from vintage pieces and above is a prime example of what I'm talking about. A couple months ago I bought a Polo USA sweatshirt and the other day when I was searching eBay I saw a vintage sweatshirt that looked very familiar. The sweatshirt was a vintage 40s Wilson USA sweatshirt that is almost identical to the Polo one except for the zipper, which goes down further on the vintage sweatshirt. I'm not 100% positive that POLO used this exact Wilson sweatshirt for reference but the resemblance is uncanny. Unfortunately I dint know the history of the Wilson sweatshirt but I do know that it sold for a whopping $765.00 !!!! I always say if I wasn't doing what I do now, I would love to be the vintage buyer for Polo.

No comments: