My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back In Business...


Just got back from Florida and Im ready to hit the ground running! I needed a little vacation to clear my mind and get ready for the next couple months which if all goes well there should be some BIG things going down. I didnt bring my computer with me on vaca because Im a workaholic and I would've ended up working the whole time instead of relaxing and enjoying myself with no distractions. I read this article last year and it kinda stck with me in terms on vacations and here is one excerpt from it:

Limit or eliminate your contact:
The objective here is to get a psychological break from work that will recharge your batteries. Don't think you are oh-so-important that you have to tune in to the office every day. You're not really as indispensable as you think you are. If a bus hit you tomorrow, the work would still get done. And if you are that irreplaceable, I would point out you're not developing your next replacement properly, so you could get a promotion. So get the right people to cover for you and forward your calls. Put an auto responder on your email that you'll be gone until (x) time and so-and-so is available to respond to immediate needs. If you must be in touch, limit your time to set hours such as 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and then enjoy the rest of the day. If you spend your vacation worrying about clients, prospects and computers, you aren't really taking a vacation.

No comments: