My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back In Business...

Just got back from Florida and Im ready to hit the ground running! I needed a little vacation to clear my mind and get ready for the next couple months which if all goes well there should be some BIG things going down. I didnt bring my computer with me on vaca because Im a workaholic and I would've ended up working the whole time instead of relaxing and enjoying myself with no distractions. I read this article last year and it kinda stck with me in terms on vacations and here is one excerpt from it:

Limit or eliminate your contact:
The objective here is to get a psychological break from work that will recharge your batteries. Don't think you are oh-so-important that you have to tune in to the office every day. You're not really as indispensable as you think you are. If a bus hit you tomorrow, the work would still get done. And if you are that irreplaceable, I would point out you're not developing your next replacement properly, so you could get a promotion. So get the right people to cover for you and forward your calls. Put an auto responder on your email that you'll be gone until (x) time and so-and-so is available to respond to immediate needs. If you must be in touch, limit your time to set hours such as 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and then enjoy the rest of the day. If you spend your vacation worrying about clients, prospects and computers, you aren't really taking a vacation.

No comments: