My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Action Jackson...




This might be the last autograph (I know its not a real auto but work with me here) that Chris Jackson ever signed as Chris Jackson. I know a lot of you are scratching your heads like what is he taking about. This is where I tell you that Chris Jackson changed his name to Abdul-Rauf in 1991 upon his conversion to Islam. Remember the controversy when Abdul-Rauf refused to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner" before games, stating that the flag was a symbol of oppression and it would conflict with his Islamic beliefs. He was eventually suspended for 1 game before the league was able to work out a compromise where he would stand during the national anthem but close his eyes and look down.......Praise Allah!!!

No comments: