My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Hail Flutie...



This hat takes me right back to the Miracle in Miami in 1984. I was 4 years old, chillin at the crib, in my crib, with my Dad watching the game and sippin on some sizzzurp. With 28 seconds remaining, Boston College trailed 45-41 and I turned to my Dad and said "Change the channel, this game is O-V-E-R!!!" My Dad reached back, pimp slapped me and said "Son, you never change a game until the final buzer sounds." I said, "You hit like a girl!!!" He apologized, filled up my styrofoam cup and said "Watch this, I feel like Flutie is gonna pull out a miracle!" Low and behold my Dad was right as Flutie scrambled to his right (narrowly averting a sack) he launched the pigskin from his own 37-yard line, requiring the 5' 9" quarterback to throw the ball at least 63 yards against 30 mph winds. The Miami defensive backs doubted Flutie's arm stength so they paid no attention to Phelan as he ran behind them. The ball came straight down over the mass of players, untouched, into Phelan's arms for the 47-45 win. So the moral of this story is my Dad beat me, BC beat Miami and this hat beats the vintage hat thats currently on top of your head!!!!

No comments: