My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Dream...






I'm pretty sure Ive never owned a pair of Etonic's in my life but if I was to buy a pair the Hakeems would be my choice. Hakeem Olajuwon aka "The Dream" was selected first overall by the Rockets in the 1984 NBA Draft. Hakeem would have likely finished top in the Rookie of the Year voting, except for one thing: Michael Jordan came in first that year. Hakeem came into the league rocking Etonic's like the pair shown above and later endorsed LA Gear and Spalding sneakers. Olajuwons is one of the very few known players in any professional sport to endorse a sneaker not from Nike, Reebok, Adidas, or other high retail brands. As Olajuwon declared: "How can a poor working mother with three boys buy Nikes or Reeboks that cost $120?" he asks. "She can't. So kids steal these shoes from stores and from other kids and sometimes kill for them. I think Etonic should make a comeback and retro these bad boys, what do you think???

No comments: