My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

MJ Restaurant...




Above is a vintage Jordan sweatshirt I have in stock that is actually from Michael Jordan's restaurant . The restaurant was the brainchild of Joe and Gene Silverberg, owners of the Bigsby & Kruthers clothing store. They obtained the rights to use Jordan's name in 1990 and spent $6 million developing the restaurant. Jordan himself never had ownership stakes in the restaurant, though he provided input in terms of the decor and the menu. He said he wanted it to be the "kind of place where I can bring my family and friends to eat". The restaurant was a very popular tourist attraction throughout the 1990s and became a major gathering spot for Chicago Bulls fans during the team's championship runs. In 1997, Jordan opened his own Chicago restaurant which lead the previous owners to change the name to Sammy Sosa's restaurant in hopes of duplicating the success using the Cubs superstar. Anyways I just thought I would share some pics...ENJOY!

No comments: