My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://ForAllToEnvy.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

BEST OF 2008: KICKS






This was by far one of the best years for sneakers releases in a long time IMO. There were a lot of nike retros that I had been waiting for, a slew of Jordan releases and some great vans. I couldnt narrow it down to 1 sneaker so I picked my top 5 sneakers of the year (in no particular order).

First up is the Nike Air Tech Challenge II: One of my all time favorites sneakers got the retro treatment this year and the Hot Lava colorway didnt dissapoint. I was a little worried that Nike would screw up the OG colorway on these but they came out amazing! In the past 10yrs Ive probably gone through at least 5pairs of the OG's which cracked on me so I really needed a retro that I could wear daily without any worries.

Second on the list is the Jordan VI Carmine: Honestly I hated the countdown packs because there was only one good pair in each pack and you had to pay over $300 just to get the one pair you wanted. In the case of the 6/17 pack it didnt really matter because it was so worth it to get a crispy pair of Carmines!!!

Third up is the Air Penny II: These came back with a vegence and had the internet buzzing like a swarm of killer bees! These were one of those sneakers that I wanted so bad back in highschool but my Dad wasnt willing to pay that kind of money for them. When word broke about the retro I called my Dad and said "This time you cant stop me from getting the Penny II's" and he was like "What the hell are you talking about, are you drunk"!!!

Fourth on my hit list is the Air Flight Lite: The Flight Lite is a classic 90's high top b-ball shoe that was worn by Scottie Pippen. Ive had a bunch of vintage pairs in the past but when pics surfaced of the black/purple retro I couldnt wait for the release and when I finally got them in they looked even better in person!!

Last but not least is the Nike Air Tailwind: These are 1 of my all time favorite runners and I was so glad to see them retroed because I was gonna end up paying big $$$ for a pair of OGs that would most likely crack on me! I love the fit, the design and the colorway so it was another slam dunk for Nike in my book!! So there you have it, my fav 5 for 08!!

No comments: